Mum's Beef Nam Tok (Thai Beef Salad)
My Mum is THE BEST cook in the World and her food always comforts me. This recipe is one of my favorites and is something that is very simple but packs loads of flavour. Nam Tok originated in the North Eastern region of Thailand (Esan) but is very popular throughout the country. Whenever I have this dish it takes me back to my childhood back in Thailand. If you appreciate Thai food you'll love this dish!
|¼ cup||Mint, Whole leaves|
- Preheat griddle pan on high heat.
- Grill sirloin steak on griddle pan, about 2 minutes on each side (depending on the size of the steak, steak should be rare). Leave steak to rest for 5 minutes.
- While steak is resting, prepare the dressing. Combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Once steak is rested, thinly slice, add dressing, and combine.
- Add ground glutinous rice, shallots, coriander, spring onion and mint to the steak and dressing, and combine.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Served with fresh cabbage and round beans, or your choice of salad, along with steamed rice or cooked glutinous rice.