Nana's Hearty Shepherds Pie
( SERVES 4 )
Potatoe top pie.
|500 g||Prime beef mince|
|1 whole||Diced red onion, Peeked and chopped finely.|
|1 cup||Beef stock|
|1 tin||Whole peeled tomatoes, Chop through.|
|2 Tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|4 Tbsp||Tomato sauce|
|1 drizzle||Olive oil|
|5 large||Agria potatoes, Peeled and washed.|
|1 cup||Grated cheese, Edam|
|2 handfuls||Green beans, Or any seasonal green veg.|
|1 Tbsp||Cornflour, Mix with small amount of cold water.|
|1 sprinkle||Black peppercorns|
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put oil in large pan. Add red onion and cook over low heat for 2 mins. Add mince and brown. Add beef stock, tin of tomatoes, 2 tbsp of tomato sauce, worchester sauce, thyme and oregano. Cook over low heat for approx 10 minutes stirring regularly. Thicken with cornflour and continue to reduce for another few minutes.
- Boil peeled potatoes until soft. Mash and add butter and milk.
- Once mince is cooked put into large oven dish. Spread mashed potato over the top. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the potatoe. Lastly sprinkle pepper on top.
- Bake for 25 mins at 180 degrees Celsius. Serve with green beans boiled for approximately four minutes or any seasonal greens. Enjoy!!