Spanish Calamari Rissoto
( SERVES 4 )
This is a very delicious tasting, economical and simple recipe to follow which includes locally produced vegetables and NZ calamari. It's sure to be a winner.
|60 ml||Extra virgin olive oil, enough to generously cover bottom of pan|
|7||Garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|600 g||Calamari tubes, sliced into 1.5cm squared pieces|
- Preheat oven to 170º. Gently heat fish stock.
- Using a frying pan (one that is oven proof as dish is later transferred to oven) heat olive oil (enough to generously cover bottom of pan) on medium heat adding finely sliced garlic.
- Once you can smell aroma of garlic turn heat up to medium/high and add chopped calamari and season with salt & pepper and chilli. Gently mix together for 3-4 minutes then place calamari to the outer edge of pan.
- Add onion into middle of pan and season with salt, cook for 3 minutes.
- Repeat with celery cooking for 3 minutes, then red capsicum cooking for 3 minutes, followed by tomatoes cooking for three minutes. Finally mix all ingredients together and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add white wine to the heated fish stock and pour over pan.
- Finally add the arborio rice, mix together and place pan into oven. (If your fry pan is not oven proof, pour ingredients into an oven proof dish). After 15 minutes stir and cook for another 15 minutes or until the liquid has all absorbed.