Grandma Dot's BBQ chicken thighs
This is a versatile family recipe. Can be prepared in the morning and then popped into the oven for an hour in the evening and you have the tastiest chicken dish to serve with crunchy coleslaw and creamy mashed potato. It is also gluten free. Would suit many busy families. Don't be put off by the long list of ingredients it is true comfort food.
- Grease a casserole dish and place chicken in. Sprinkle over the onion, garlic and mushrooms. (Sometimes I leave the mushrooms out in I haven't got any)
- Mix together the brown sugar, flour, curry powder, thyme, sage in a bowl
- Add the soy sauce, Plum sauce, wine, Tomato sauce and water. (Can add another half cup of water if you like more gravey) to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and veges and cover tightly with tinfoil. This can either be baked straightaway or put in the fridge till you are ready to cook it.
- Bake 200 degree for approx. 1 - 1 half hours.