Tasty wholesome simple economical one pot meal
- Bring a medium sized pan of water to the boils do cook asparagus for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Place stock in a medium sized pan and bring to a simmer
- Add oil to a large pan over medium heat and cook onion for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes stirring continuously .
- Stir in rice and edamame beans and cook for one minute.
- Stir in a cup of stock. When nearly all absorbed add another half a cup of stock and continue adding stock and stirring until nearly all absorbed but still saucy in consistency.
- Stir in asparagus and feta. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further minute.
- Serve in bowls topped with Parmesan and thyme (optional)
- Note. Beans could be substituted for asparagus.