AJ's Pork Chow Mein
Takes 5mins to prepare and 30mins to cook! And the kids love it!
|500 g||Pork, cubed|
|100 g||Dried egg noodles,|
|1 can||Button mushrooms,|
|1 can||Baby corn,|
|200 g||Frozen mixed stir-fry vegetables, More or less depending on your family|
|4 Tbsp||Hoisin sauce,|
|4 Tbsp||Golden soy sauce,|
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil, approx|
|2 tsp||Minced garlic,|
|2 tsp||Minced ginger,|
|4 Tbsp||Golden syrup,|
|1 cup||Water, approx to cover meat|
|2||Spring onions, chopped|
- Fry Hoisin, soya sauce, oil, garlic, ginger and golden syrup for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Turn up heat and fry pork till brown.
- Stir in enough water to cover meat. Add frozen vegetables and bring to the boil. Turn heat down to simmer for 20mins or so with lid on.
- In a separate pot add hot water. Boil and then add noodles. Cook until soft.
- Add mushrooms and corn to the meat and cook for about 5 minutes to heated through. Drain noodles. Fry whisked egg in a pan to make a quick omelette.
- Roll omelette up and cut into 1cm rolls. Serve on to plates with meat and vegetables on top with diced spring onions and egg to finish it off.