Sweetcorn & Bacon Dip
It's an easy delicious hot or cold dip that is always a hit at any party!
|1 medium||Onion, diced|
|500 g||Bacon bits, chunky size bits|
|2 cans||Creamed corn|
|750 g||Sour cream|
|2 cups||Grated cheese|
|1 packet||Onion soup mix, French Onion Soup mix|
|1 loaf||Soft white bread, cut top of loaf off & hollow out the loaf pulling decent sized chunks of bread for dipping|
|2 sticks||French bread, sliced 2cm thickness for dipping|
- Heat a large deep frying pan or electric frying pan on medium high heat, with a tablespoon of oil & cook off the onion.
- Add the bacon bits & cook til golden brown.
- Turn the pan down to a low heat & add both cans of creamed corn, stir & cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream & stir in well.
- Add French onion soup mix & stir well.
- Add grated cheese, stir & cook gently until cheese has all melted.