Vegetable noodle broth with Duck
( SERVES 4 )
This recipe is gluten free and versatile. The duck adds a touch of luxury and the recipe can be take advantage of favourite vegetables or ones that are in season. It's quick to make and packed full of flavour and vegetables.
|500 g||Rice noodles|
|4 tsp||Chicken stock, Gluten free, or use beef stock for a more robust broth|
|2 tsp||Crushed garlic|
|2 tsp||Crushed ginger|
|1 pinch||Dried chilli flakes, To taste|
|2 Ltr||Warm water, Just water wasn't an option so I had to pick warm|
|1 bag||Duck leg, Riverside farm confit|
|1 Tbsp||Soy sauce, Gluten free|
- Put water in a large pot. Add stock powder , garlic , ginger , soy and chilli flakes bring to the boil.
- While waiting for water to boil julienne courgettes, carrots and capscum. Keep piles seperate. They should look like vegetable spaghetti.
- Remove duck from the bone and shred
- Add noodles and carrots to boiling stock, cook until noodles are flexible.. Add courgettes and capsicum simmer for a minute and turn off the heat. Heat up duck, microwave or sauté in a pan.
- Reserve some microgreens for garnish and add remainder to broth. Divide noodles and vegetables evenly between four bowls, for presentation make sure they make a hill shape., Add enough broth to surround noodles and vegetables, divide duck into four and place on top of vegetable peak. Garnish with microgreens