Japanese Chicken and Veggie Samosas
This is super simple and uses ingredients that many people have on hand. It takes only 30 mins to whip up but tastes absolutely delicious, making it an ideal Friday night dinner that both the adults and kids will love.
- Turn oven to 210 degrees.Heat a non-stick fry pan on medium-low heat, add oil and onion and cook till onion is translucent about 5 mins.
- Turn pan to medium heat and add chicken to pan and light toss to brown for 1 min.
- Add the soy, curry powder and courgette and cook for 2 mins then add peas for the last minute. Remove pan from heat to cool for 5 minutes.
- Line tray with baking paper. Spoon 1 tbsp of chicken mixture into the centre of the square and then moisten the remaining edges with a bit of water and press together to seal with a fork. Repeat with the remaining portions of dough and filling. Brush samosas with egg wash and pierce with forkin the centre to allow the steam to escape. Bake in the oven til golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Wait 5 mins to cool slightly and serve with chutney