Mexican pasta fiesta
All the flavours of Mexico on pasta - light, quick and tasty - a family favourite
|750 g||Beef mince|
|½ cup||Onion, chopped|
|1 clove||Garlic, minced|
|¼ tsp||Ground cumin|
|½ cup||Greek yoghurt, or light sour cream|
|½ tsp||Chilli powder, or to taste|
|¼ tsp||Dried oregano|
|½ cup||Salsa, mild, medium or spicy you choose|
|300 g||Pasta, jumbo shells preferred - cooked and drained|
|1 cup||Cheese, shredded - mozza or tasty or a combo|
|2 cups||Cos lettuce leaves, shredded|
|1 cup||Tomato, chopped|
|¼ cup||Fresh coriander, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 175C on Bake. Spray an 11X7 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large frypan combine beef mince, onion and garlic cooking over med-high heat stirring to break up meat. Cook about 5 min or until beef is browned and onion is translucent.
- Add chilli powder, cumin, oregano and salt - toss to mix well and cook for one minute.
- Add salsa cook stirring frequently for 5 min. Remove from heat and add greek yoghurt (sour cream if you prefer). Let cool slightly.
- Put the pasta shells in the baking pan and cover with the meat mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, and sprinkle cheese evenly on top. Bake uncovered until cheese melts - you can do this on broil if you like.
- Remove from oven. Serve with chopped lettuce, tomatoes and fresh coriander in bowls so everyone can add as much as they like.