Chicken livers a la francaise
This is one of the recipes I learned with my grandmother in Burgundy. One of my favourite meals as a child and now one of my kids favourites. I love how healthy and tasty it is (and super quick to do!).
|500 g||Chicken livers, Bostok do organic free range ones|
|4 cloves||Garlic, chopped finely|
|100 g||Smoked bacon, chopped in small pieces|
|5 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil,|
|2 Tbsp||Red wine vinegar,|
|1 Tbsp||Dijon mustard, the stronger the better|
|1 bunch||Coriander, roughly chopped|
|1 bunch||Parsley, roughly chopped|
|1||Baby cos lettuce,|
|1 splash||Red wine,|
|1 pinch||Cracked pepper,|
- Pat the livers dry. In a frying pan melt the butter and sautee your chicken livers and chopped bacon at high temperature until golden (4 or 5 min).
- Add the chopped garlic, parsley, coriander and splash of red wine and bubble down for another minute or two. Add salt and pepper to your liking and set aside.
- Make a French vinaigrette by mixing a pinch of salt and pepper, the olive oil, mustard and red wine vinegar.
- Mix the lettuce with the vinaigrette.
- Serve the dressed lettuce with livers on top. You can add some fresh parsley and coriander on top and voila! A healthy dinner in less than 10 minutes!