Grandma Nellie's Bermuda Chicken
I have fond childhood memories of following my Grandma Nellie around the house - she was an excellent baker, cook, all-round handywoman and mahjong player. Her Bermuda Chicken is one of my all-time favourite weekday dinner meals.
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with foil.
- Pat dry each piece of chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, garlic, onions, parsley and cheese together.
- Dip the chicken in melted butter, and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Coat each piece well.
- Lay the chicken pieces on the baking tray, avoiding any overlap. Dot the tops of the chicken with any remaining butter.
- Bake in the oven for one hour, or until golden and tender. Do not turn or cover the chicken.
- Serve hot with salad or steamed greens.