The best Bolognese Ever - Stephanie Alexander
This recipe takes the humble bolognese to the next level, it is great entertaining dish that you can prepare before guests arrive.
|1 whole||Onions, Finely chopped|
|1 stalk||Celery, Finey sliced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, Finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|400 g||Beef, Minced|
|100 g||Pancetta, Chopped|
|2 Tbsp||High grade flour|
|½ cup||Dry white wine|
|1||Salt, To taste|
|1||Nutmeg, Freshly grated|
|2 cups||Veal stock|
|400 g||Canned tomatoes|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1 leaf||Bay leaf|
- Saute onion, celery and garlic in oil in a large saucepan until softened.
- Add minced meat and pancetta and fry until meat breaks up into small lumps.
- Sprinkle in flour, then stir well.
- Add wine, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix well, then increase heat and boil to evaporate liquid.
- Add stock, tomato, tomato paste and herbs.
- Reduce heat again and simmer for 1 hour, stirring from time to time.
- Taste for seasoning.