Satay Pork Balls with Asian Slaw
This recipe is easy, very tasty, economical and appeals to all ages.
|500 g||Pork mince|
|2 slices||White sandwich bread, Crumbed|
|2 cloves||Garlic, Crushed|
|2 whole||Spring onions, Thinly sliced|
|1 tsp||Fresh ginger, Grated|
|2 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|3 Tbsp||Sugar-free crunchy peanut butter|
|¼ cup||Sweet chilli sauce|
|2 handfuls||Red cabbages, Sliced finely|
|1 whole||Carrot, Grated|
|1 bag||Mung bean sprouts|
|1 small||Yellow capsicum, Sliced finely|
|1 handful||Mesclun leaves|
- Mix all the meatball ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and ground black pepper. (Optional)
- Wet your hands and form the pork mixture into balls.
- Spray a baking tray with non-stick spray or use baking paper and place the balls in the pan. Bake for 20 minutes, at 190 degrees Celsius turning after ten so that they brown evenly.
- Serve with Rice Noodles or Rice and a bowl of plain yoghurt with a squuze of lemon juice and chopped mint.
- Combine all the slaw ingredients in a bowl, drizzle with dressing.