Braised brisket bolognase with pappardelle pasta
( SERVES 4 )
a perfect meal for the colder nights.... the meat simlpy falls apart while the pasta absorbs the rich tomato sauce
|250 g||Pappardelle pasta|
|1 whole||Brown onion, Halved then sliced|
|6 cloves||Garlic cloves, Crushed then sliced|
|1 stalk||Fresh rosemary, Chopped|
|8 sprigs||Fresh thyme, Leaves picked|
|1 splash||Olive oil|
|1 tin||Chopped tomatoes|
|2 tsp||Stock powder, Beef|
|1 pinch||Salt & freshly ground pepper, To taste|
|1 sprinkle||Parmesan cheese|
- In a pressure cooker heat up a generous splash of olive oil, and add in the sliced onion, garlic, fresh Rosemary and Thyme. Sauté in the pressure cooker, on a moderate heat until translusant. Remove from the pan and set aside
- Back In the pressure cooker, add in the brisket in 200g portions. Brown the meat, then add back in the onions, garlic and herbs. Add the tomatoes, beef stock powder, salt and pepper then close the top on the pressure cooker. Get up to heat and then reduce the heat, leaving the pressure cooker simmer for 45mins.
- Once this time has gone, take the meat out of the pressure cooker, checking to see if it pulls apart easily. If so, then seperate the meat from the sauce, then return the sauce to the heat and gently simmer to reduce slightly.
- Put on a pan of water, get to boiling and add in a few pinches of salt. Add the pappardelle and cook to instructions, typically 6-8 minutes. Once al dente, drain the water and add a little of the sauce from the pressure cooker to keep moist.
- To finish,flake the brisket then add to the sauce to warm through, serve the pasta in a bowl and top with the bolognase sauce. Sprinkle on a little parmasean cheese and season as needed.