Crispy bacon, mozzarella and peach salad
It is the most moreish salad I've ever eaten. Every bite is full of flavour. It's also fast and easy to make. The dressing was originally made up from the limited ingredients that we had available when we were away from home. It took us several tries to recreate the flavour of the dressing. It was one if the first dishes that I prepared with my husband and it remains a firm favourite. Everyone, including our little girl, always finishes their plate.
|300 g||Salad leaves|
|6 rashers||Rindless bacon|
|150 g||Mozzarella cheese|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil, For frying the bacon|
|1 tin||Canned peaches in natural juice|
- Dice the bacon and fry in a little olive oil over a high heat. When the bacon is slightly crispy remove from the heat and use kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Tear the mozzarella into bite sized pieces.
- Drain the tinned sliced peaches (reserve the juice for later) and chop the slices into nice sized chunks, roughly in half or thirds.
- In a small saucepan over a low heat add in all the dressing ingredients. Whisk together and make sure to taste and adjust until you are happy with the balance of flavours. You can add some of the reserved peach juice or extra brown sugar if you want to add some extra sweetness.
- Prepare your salad leaves by rinsing and drying.
- Toss the crispy bacon, the mozzarella and peach chunks into the salad leaves.
- Plate up your salad mix and serve with a generous portion of the dressing drizzled all over.
- Serve whilst the bacon and dressing are still warm. Enjoy!