Louise's Smoked Fish Chowder
( SERVES 4 )
This is a hearty winter warmer which makes great use of cupboard staples.
- heat oil or butter in a large saucepan and saute the onions until soft. Add garlic and stir
- Place the cubed potatoes in the saucepan and add the curry powder and stir
- Add boiling water to the chicken stock until stock is the preferred colour and taste. More stock may be needed. Add to the potato mix and simmer until potato is cooked through but not too soft
- Add flaked smoked fish and creamed corn and stir
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and dress with the chopped parsley