Herby Chicky Chicky Pie
This meal is delicious, nutritious and is cheap! I used to make this often when I was a student, and I couldn't afford a fancy meal. If there's leftovers, you can eat it the next day for lunch! Just use whatever veges you have in your fridge- there are no rules!!! This meal uses just one piece of chicken- it goes far.
|50 g||Bacon strips, (Optional) Little pieces|
|1 piece||Chicken, shredded, cooked|
|1 piece||Carrot, chopped, small pieces|
|1 piece||Kumara, chopped, small pieces|
|500 ml||Chicken stock|
|1 pinch||Fresh parsley|
|50 g||Mushrooms, (Optional) chopped|
|½ cup||Baby kale, (Optional) Chopped finely|
|1 piece||Celery, (Optional) finely chopped|
|1||Leek, (Optional) -a little piece, finely chopped|
- Preheat oven to 200'C
- Heat butter in frying pan and cook the bacon and mushrooms till soft. Add cooked chicken, veges (leaving kale and parsley to very last), and stock. Simmer.
- Add cold water with cornflour to thicken mixture.
- Pour into casserole dish, and begin preparing crunchy herby topping!
- HERBY TOPPING: put flour, herbs and butter in food processor (or rub in with fingers) until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add cold water to form a good dough. Knead, and roll out to fit the dish. Score a few patterns, or make it look fancy with the dough! Stab the dough with a fork/ knife.
- Bake 20 mins and she's done! Serve with a little spinach/ kale salad or silverbeet from the garden!