Chicken Pasta Spirals with Avocado
This is a real easy great all rounder ideal for picnics, meals for lunch or dinners and has left-overs that soon disappears.
|1 packet||Pasta spirals, Cook as per packet|
|⅓ tsp||Salt, added to pasta|
|2 small||Chicken breasts, see below|
|4 rashers||Bacon strips, Optional|
|4 Tbsp||Milk, note|
|½ cup||Mayonnaise, Good Quality|
|2 medium||Avocados, sliced|
|1 medium||Lemon juice, noted|
|4 medium||Celery stalks, finely chopped|
|1 handful||Cherry tomatoes, optional|
- Cook pasta as per packet instruction with salt added. Drain and set aside
- Meanwhile cook the chicken breast in a small saucepan of water until cooked through. Set aside to cool then roughly chopped. Note: Option of smoked chicken, meat stripped and roughly chopped instead of Chicken breast.
- Cook bacon by grilling or pan frying and chopped roughly.
- Place all meats into very large serving bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise and milk.
- Slice the Avocados and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine pasta, chicken, bacon if using, mayonnaise, celery and mix well. Garnish with avocados and Cherry or strawberry tomatoes halved. Served either warm or chilled, chilled is nicer.
- You can alter combination of meats to say a nice fleshy fish, salami and brier sticks but is a lot nicer if served chilled. Bacon, can also use those 350 grams packets of bacon pieces chopped. Serves 4 very large meals or at least 6 average size meals for well under $20. Picture is borrowed, don't usually take pictures of meals. There are a number of recipes that are similar with the very slightest of changes, this recipe was just simply used straight from the head knowing what goes well together. Cheers.