Feel Good Stir Fry
This recipe is healthy, quick and most importantly tasty and can be easily adapted for whatever is on hand. Super versatile - it can cater to any dietary requirement (gluten free, dairy free, nut free etc). The base recipe is vegan, but meat or seafood can easily be added in place of the tofu.
|350 g||Firm tofu, cubed (can use meat instead)|
|¼ head||Green cabbage, can use any type of cabbage|
|1 bunch||Bok choy, sliced|
|4 pieces||Button mushrooms, sliced|
|½ head||Broccoli, chopped|
|2 stalks||Spring onions, chopped|
|3 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|2 pieces||Red chillies, sliced|
|5 cm||Fresh ginger, grated|
|¼ cup||Light soy sauce|
|1½ Tbsp||Rice vinegar|
|1½ Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|½ tsp||Brown sugar, can use honey or coconut sugar|
|1½ cups||Brown rice, can use noodles or white rice instead|
|1 handful||Sesame seeds, toasted|
|1 handful||Pumpkin seeds, toasted|
|1 handful||Sunflower seeds, toasted|
|2 Tbsp||Coconut oil|
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a wok or saucepan with high sides. Once hot add tofu and cook, turning frequently until it is browned on all sides. Remove from wok and put on a plate on a paper towel, set aside.
- Add second tablespoon of coconut oil to wok/saucepan. Once hot, add broccoli, bok choy, mushrooms, garlic, ginger and chilies. Stir fry for 2-3 min.
- Add cabbage and cook until cabbage is starting to wilt.
- Return tofu to the wok/saucepan. Mix the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and brown sugar (or honey or coconut sugar) together, then add to the pan. Mix everything together well and cook for a further couple of minutes until everything has been heated through.
- Remove from heat, stir through spring onions.
- Serve on brown rice with a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds over the top.