Sour Cream & Ginger Cake
This is a delicious moist cake and can be varied easily ... draws compliments every time it's served.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a 23 cm round spring form cake tin and line with non stick baking paper.
- Sift flour and ground ginger into mixing bowl, stir in sugar. Stir in the lightly beaten eggs and melted butter. Combine to a smooth batter. Add diced ginger.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smear the sour cream on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin on a rack. Turn out onto the rack and cool completely before serving.