Triple salted caramel cupcakes
These decadent triple salted caramel cupcakes are the perfect treat for the salted caramel lover!
|90 g||Butter, softened|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1½ cups||Standard flour|
|1½ tsp||Baking powder|
|⅓ cup||Caramel sauce, (Salted Caramel Sauce)|
- Using a stand or hand held mixer beat together butter and sugar until pale and creamy (3-5 minutes). Add vanilla and 1 egg at a time, beating for 1 minute after each.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl and add milk. On low speed mix until flour & milk are just incorporated.
- Add the salted caramel and beat again on high speed for about 30 seconds until the caramel is mixed in and the batter is fluffy. Scoop the batter into muffin tins lined with paper cases filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 13-16 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting Sift icing sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add salted caramel sauce and milk, and beat on high speed for 3-4 minutes until all ingredients are incorporated and the frosting is light & fluffy. Spoon into a piping bag and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes. Alternatively, you can use a knife to spread the frosting on the cupcakes. Drizzle the top with more salted caramel sauce. Store cupcakes in an airtight container for 5 days.