Fairy floss cupcakes
( MAKES 12 )
This recipe is great at parties for kids.
|1¼ cups||Standard flour, Sifted|
|1 cup||Caster sugar, Sifted|
|1 cup||Fairy Floss, Chopped|
|1 tsp||Baking powder, Sifted|
|2 drops||Strawberry flavouring|
|2 drops||Red food colouring|
|½ cup||Unsalted butter, Chopped|
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a large bowl sift together Baking Powder, Salt and Flour into a bowl.
- Cream butter in another bowl with an electric mixer. Add in Caster Sugar and mix until mixture is light and creamy. Add in the eggs to the mixture one by one, mixing after each addition until combined.
- Add in Strawberry Flavouring to butter mixture, add half the flour mixture and mix while adding in half of milk. Once combined add in rest of flour mixture and mix while adding in rest of milk and food colouring.
- Once mixed fully add in the chopped fairy floss (your choice of colour) and mix softly with a spatula until mixed in.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a cupcake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a skewer poked into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- To make the icing: Cream butter, add in icing sugar and mix while gradually adding the milk, once mixed add in strawberry flavouring and food colouring and mix. Once combined add in chopped fairy floss (your choice of colour) and mix lightly with a spatula.
- Pipe mixture on top of the cupcakes and serve.