Argie Pie (the Argentinian version of the Georgie Pie)
The Argies love their meat, and this recipe captures the great taste of slow cooked beef spare ribs with the unique and awesome flavours of the Argentinian chimichurri sauce and all wrapped up in for a exceptional tasting pie!
- For the chimichurri sauce: Combine the parsley, garlic, oregano, paprika, chilli, salt, red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, in a blender until you have a thick consistency, similar to a chutney.
- Once you've made the chimichurri sauce, marinade the meat in half the sauce, then place the marinated meat in a slow cooker on slow for at least 6 hours. After this time, using a fork shred the meat.
- In the meantime, make the pastry: Combine the butter, plain flour and salt and using your fingers rub together to form fine breadcrumbs, then add the water and mix with your hands until it resembles a soft firm dough, continue kneading for 10 minutes. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough and cut into ramekin size (double the size so you can cover the top), fill with the shredded meat and close the pastry, making a nice crust pattern, using your imagination or using a fork for a printed edge.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees, and after 20-30 minutes or when the pastry is golden brown remove from ramekin and serve with a green salad, and as the Argies would say "buen provecho"