Lamb and pasta
( SERVES 2 )
I've received not one, but two proposals of marriage after serving up this dish
|450 g||Lamb leg steaks, cubed|
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|85 ml||Dry white wine|
|450 g||Chopped tomatoes, or 1 tin tomatoes|
|¾ cup||Beef stock|
|1 tsp||Fresh rosemary, or 1/4 tsp dried rosemary|
|½ packet||Penne pasta, or other pasta|
|1 cup||Grated cheese, eg tasty cheddar or parmesan|
|1 pinch||Salt & freshly ground pepper, or to taste|
- Cook lamb over high heat in batches until browned.
- Return to pan and add garlic and oil and cook 1 minute longer.
- Pour wine over meat and boil until foam subsides.
- Add tomatoes (de-skin first if using fresh tomatoes). Then add stock and rosemary and simmer partially covered for 1 - 1.5 hours. It will thicken, so add water if necessary.
- When lamb is tender, cook the pasta and check the seasoning of the sauce, adding salt and pepper as required.
- When pasta is cooked to "al dente" stage, drain and mix with the sauce, adding the cheese. Serve with a green salad.