Mediterranean lamb rack
I am a novice cook and this is the most complicated recipe I have created and attempted. It took a few goes to get the combination right but this dish is packed full of flavour and colour. I love the strong, fresh flavours of feta and sundried tomatoes and can eat pistachio nuts by the bagful so this combines some of my favourite flavours. I used a french trimmed lamb rack with 8 cutlets.
- Preheat the oven to 200C degrees.
- To prepare the crust mix the pistachio nuts, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley and the juice and zest of your lemon in a blender and blend until a paste has formed. Place this in a bowl and set aside.
- For the stuffing, chop the olives, feta, sundried tomatoes and parsley and place in a bowl.
- To prepare the lamb, make sure the fat has been trimmed from the top. I find it easier to divide the cutlets into serves at this point rather than afterwards. Slice the lamb just under the bone about 1 cm to make a slit for the stuffing. Spoon the stuffing into the slits and tightly pack it. Place the cutlets into an oven dish face down.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cutlets. Tightly press the pistachio mixture over the cutlets. Cook for about 20 -25 minutes.
- I also add any vegetables to the oven dish to roast at the same time.
- Let the lamb rest for about 5 minutes then serve with vegetables. Any crust or stuffing that falls out can be scooped up and served with the lamb.