Beef and venison meatzza
a low carb pizza with mince as a base instead of bread.
|500 g||Venison mince|
|500 g||Beef mince|
|1 piece||Onions, chopped ( caramelized if possible)|
|½ tsp||Ground cumin|
|2½ tsp||Fresh chopped oregano|
|1 Tbsp||Grated parmesan cheese|
|1 Tbsp||Minced garlic|
|1 sprinkle||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste|
|4 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|¼ cup||Baby spinach|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|16 slices||Pepperoni sausage, thin|
|15 g||Mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|15 g||Tasty cheese, shredded|
|1 sprinkle||Dried chilli flakes, to taste|
|½ cup||Artichoke, sliced|
- preheat your oven to 450F or 230 C
- Whisk the 3 eggs in a bowl then mix it with the following Ingredients: 500 grams mince venison 500 grams beef mince 1 chopped onion 1.5 tsp ground oregano 1/2 tsp cumin 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (you can remove this if you want to make it paleo) & 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Manually mix the meat , onion, spices and eggs in the bowl and but do not compress it too much.
- Lay some greaseproof paper in a rimmed pizza tray and spread out the meat mixture evenly. It can be as thick or as thin as you like, just bear in mind that it will shrink in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and take it out of the oven, but keep the oven on
- Scrape off the grease on top and drain as much oil from the meat as you can without breaking the base.
- Carefully flip the base and lay it on top of a new pizza tray with clean greaseproof paper or a pizza stone if you have one.
- Spread the tomato paste on top of the base and sprinkle the remaining oregano.
- Mix the Olive oil with the baby spinach leaves and gently massage the oil in the leaves so they won't burn when cooked.
- Layer the baby spinach leaves, capers and artichokes on top of the tomato paste. The vegetables should be under the cheese so they won't burn.
- Sprinkle the tasty cheese on top of the Vegetables then layer the pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the Mozarella on top of the pepperoni then put the meatzza back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take it out of the over and let it rest for 3 minutes before slicing into three pieces. Sprinkle the salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste.