Spicy sexy stir fry
If you are wanting to whip something up to impress your significant other with something that just screams exotic, delicious and sexy, you can't go past this Spicy Sexy Stir Fry.
|2||Scotch fillets, thinly sliced|
|1 packet||Udon noodles, cooked according to directions|
|3 cm||Fresh ginger, thinly sliced, each piece about 2 cm long|
|1 handful||Carrot, chopped|
|1 handful||Broccoli, chopped|
|1 handful||Edamame beans|
|¼ can||Canned pineapple pieces, drained|
|1||Red chilli, To taste|
|1 pinch||Coriander, Chopped|
|½||Red capsicum, sliced in strips|
|1 dash||Lime juice|
|1 cup||Roasted unsalted cashews|
- Slice steak and prepare marinade by combining all ingredients in a bowl and mixing well. Season steak well with salt and pepper and rub with crushed garlic. Cover with marinade for at least 1/2 an hour.
- In a wok or pan with a dash of oil on medium heat, throw in onions, thinly sliced, peeled ginger pieces and carrots. After they have cooked for a few minutes, throw in broccoli, edamame, pineapple and a deseeded red chillli (if you like the heat).
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook Udon noodles according to directions. It should take approximately 2-3 minutes. Once cooked, drain well and set aside.
- While the Udon is cooking, move the cooking vegetables to the side of the wok/pan, turn the heat up and throw in the marinaded steak. Try to shake off some of the excess marinade before putting it in the pan so the steak doesn't stew in the liquid. Cook it to a lower temperature than you would normally like your steak (e.g. if you like medium rare, cook it to rare) because it will cook further. It will not take long to cook. Squirt in a dash of lime juice and let it cook off for a few seconds. Toss in coriander (to taste), sliced capsicum and cashews.
- Combine the stirfy with the Udon and combine well. It's sometimes nice to fry the Udon a little bit before serving but be careful not to overcook the steak! Serve!