Lamb shank casserole
Richly flavoured tender lamb falls off the bone in this hearty casserole. Great for a winters night.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. chop onions and crush garlic, saute in the oil until transparent.
- Remove from pan and set aside, add shanks to the pan and brown all over.
- return the onions and garlic to the pan and add all the other ingredients, , bring to the boil, stirring.
- Put it all in a casserole dish with a tight lid. cook for 1 1/2 -2 hours at 325-350 degrees. Thicken sauce if necesary with cornflour and water.
- Serve with steamed savoy cabbage and smashed potatoes.