Hearty venison casserole
( SERVES 4 )
This is a rich and delicious way of making an expensive meat go a long way, just the thing for a cold winters night when you are in the mood to eat meat!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cube the venison and toss in flour.
- saute the garlic and onions in the oil until transparent.
- remove the onions and garlic and set aside, return the meat to the pan and brown all over.
- return the onions and garlic to the pan and add all other ingredients. bring to the boil, stirring.
- transfer in to a casserole dish with a tight lid. cook in the oven at 325-350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Sauce may be thickened with cornflour and water if necessary.
- serve with jacket potato and green peas.