Silver fern summer salad
( SERVES 2 )
This salad is a fresh, light and very tasty way to enjoy silver fern beef throughout the summer months.
|1 packet||Beef medallion|
|¾ cup||Fregola sarda (or Israeli couscous)|
|½ cup||Fresh mint, chopped|
|½ cup||Chopped fresh coriander|
|½ cup||Cashew nuts, roasted and crushed|
- Make the marinade/dressing: Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients
- Marinate the meat: Slice the meat in to bite size pieces, place in a sealable plastic bag and pour marinade over (use about 1/3 of the marinade/ dressing and leave for a couple of hours if you have the time)
- Cook the couscous: Follow the instructions on the pack. Usually five to seven minutes in a pot of salted water that has been brought to the boil.
- Cook the meat: Quick pan fry Silver Fern Farms beef as per instructions (cooking time = eight minutes) and set aside to rest (cover with tin foil and leave for at least 10 minutes)
- Make the salad: Let the couscous cool down, then add some dressing and mix. Add chopped mint leaves and coriander, nuts, cucumber and toss. Add beef and the rest of the dressing and garnish with a sprig of coriander and a few crushed cashew nuts.