Porthouse steak served with honey kumara mash, feta and baby beets and a red wine jus
( SERVES 2 )
You can't beet this steak!! With a combination of exciting flavours, this dish really is a mouthful. Our recipe is simple, yet effective. It is effortless and timeless but it will be a treat for your guests or family. Our recipe is special to us as we used homegrown baby beets and Silver Fern Farm's Porthouse Steak and created a dish that compliments them perfectly.
|1 packet||Beef steak|
|1 tsp||Liquid honey|
|1 pinch||Italian seasoning|
|1 drizzle||Vegetable oil|
|1 sprig||Fresh parsley|
Red Wine Jus
- Preheat the oven to 220 Degrees Fanbake. Cover a oven tray with baking paper and set aside. Peel and cut the Kumera and put in a pot with water just covering the kumera and bring to the boil on a medium heat.
- While Kumera is boiling wash the baby beets and cut in half. Place in an oven dish with Italian seasoning, drizzle with oil and mix. Place in preheated oven for 25 mins.
- Whilst Kumera is boiling and beets are roasting, melt the butter in a small frypan. Once butter is melted, add the wine and bring to the boil. Then let simmer for 3-5 mins. Add beef stock and bring to boil again and then turn to medium heat and let the jus thicken.
- Cut half the block of feta into cubes and place in a bowl. Take the beets out of the oven and mix with the cubed feta, set aside. Turn oven to 180 degrees fanbake.
- Heat an oiled frying pan to a moderate to high heat. Sear each piece of steak for 3-4mins on each side and then place on the oven tray and place in the oven for 10 mins.
- While the steak is cooking, drain the kumera and add the honey and milk and mash until smooth. Set Aside.
- Pour the jus into a jug. When the steak is cooked, take it out of the oven and let it sit for 5-10 mins. Afterwards plate up the kumera, steak, feta and beetroot and drizzle with the jus and serve with a sprig of fresh parsley. Enjoy!!!