Smoked kelp lamb fillet, kumara, orange and ginger puree, blueberry compote and salted maple nuts
( MAKES 1 )
This Dish is my take on everything New Zealand! Using Beautiful NZ Lamb Fillet, naturally seasoned with NZ Smoked Kelp, Blueberries coming into season, so made compote slightly sweetened with Raw Organic manuka Honey. Kumara Puree made with coconut cream, fresh ginger and orange zest, & Roasted Nuts with Maple and Natural Sea Salt. This dish is also Paleo (hunter & Gatherer) so no processed sugars or foods. Just Clean simple ingredients! Yum!
|3 pinches||Smoked kelp|
|1 tsp||Sea salt flakes|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Organic honey, raw|
|1 tsp||Sea salt flakes|
|¼ cup||Coconut cream|
|½ knob||Fresh ginger|
|1 Tbsp||Cashew nuts|
|1 Tbsp||Macadamia nuts|
|1 Tbsp||Sliced almonds|
|1 Tbsp||Sunflower seeds|
|1 Tbsp||Pumpkin seeds|
|2 Tbsp||Coconut oil|
|2 Tbsp||Maple syrup|
|1 pinch||Sea salt flakes|
|5 sprigs||Nasturtium leaves|
|4 sprigs||Snow peas, tendrills|
|1 tsp||Avocado oil|
- Preheat oven to 160c & put all the nuts and seeds onto a tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with maple syrup, coconut oil and sea salt. Roast nuts until lightly golden and sticky. then let cool to one side.
- Pat lamb Fillet with a paper towel to remove any blood, then rub in olive oil, smoked kelp and sea salt, leave it to marinate on the bench at room temp until you are ready to sear.
- to make the puree, peel and cut the kumara into small chunks and cover with cold water and tsp sea salt, bring to the boil until soft and then drain well. put into blender and add coconut cream, grated ginger, orange zest and sea salt, blend until smooth and glossy. if the there is not enough liquid then add a little more coconut cream or water to thin it slightly. then transfer this into a squeezy bottle or piping bag.
- for the blueberry compote, put the berries into a small sauce pan and add the honey, if using fresh berries then add a TBSP of water. put this on a low heat and let the berries juices slowly come out and simmer with the honey. gently cook until all berries are soft and there is a small amount of sauce.
- when it comes to serving, heat a frying pan and sear the lamb on one side for around 1 min until golden, do the same to the other side. insert a metal skewer into the lamb for 7 seconds, remove and place skewer lightly on top lip, for MR / pink lamb, the skewer should be medium to hot temp on your lip. as soon as its done remove and place on wire rack to rest for 5 minutes.
- To plate, pipe a few small domes of puree on the plate of varying sizes, using a spoon smear 2-3 three of them to achieve a teardrop shape. Place the lamb overlapping in the middle of the plate to show case how perfectly pink it is. spoon some of the blueberry compote in a few points on the plate, then sprinkle with nuts. Garnish with Nasturtium leaves & Snow Pea Tendrils then a light drizzle of Avocado Oil........Enjoy!!!