Lemon and lime glazed venison
( SERVES 2 )
A piquant gluten free combination of flavours to enhance venisons natural flavour; we like ours rare. I've recently become anaphylactic to chilli and capsicum so have been playing with allspice and other flavours to substitute not being able to use capsicum & paprika anymore (which have been key ingredients for many years). This was our first attempt and we were both really impressed with how it worked and how quickly it was to do... 15 minutes and dinner was ready!
- preferably, have steaks at room temperature. When ready, preheat frying pan to medium-hot.
- brush steaks both sides with rice bran oil and drizzle with angostura bitters
- sprinkle with allspice and sear each side in pan
- cook to desired level and add blobs of marmalade over the top to create a glaze.
- Serve with baked or mashed potatoes, steamed green beans & grilled asparagus, or a green salad.