( SERVES 4 )
ONE OF THE FEW RECIPES MY LATE MOTHER COULD COOK SUCCESSFULLY. A FAMILY (AND FRIEND'S) FAVOURITE!
- To make SAUCE and In a saucepan melt the first measure of butter and stir in the flour and dry mustard. When flour bubbles gradually stir in the stock and cook until thickened.
- Stir in cream, worcester sauce, mushroom soup and add meat. Turn into greased casserole dish.
- To make Topping: In a saucepan melt the 2nd measure of butter and fry the breadcrumbs until golden (not over done). Add parsley and sprinkle this topping over the top of the meat dish.
- Bake at 180 C for @ 30 mins until bubbling and brown on top.
- Serve with rice; OR Mashed kumera/potato and mint peas; OR on buttered toast!