Sam's 'Kiwi' lamb burger
( SERVES 4 )
We all have our own recipe to make burgers and this is mine I want to share. The balance of the patties I have perfected resulting in wonderful flavor and texture. Adding the zest and chilli flakes really compliments the lamb without overtaking the flavour of the meat. Then along with the classic 'kiwi' burger additives - fried egg, beetroot, tomato sauce, its always a dinner pleaser!
|450 g||Lamb mince|
|1 small||Red onion|
|1 tsp||Dried mint|
|1 tsp||Dried rosemary|
|1 tsp||Lemon zest|
|1 tsp||Ground black pepper|
|1 pinch||Dried chilli flakes|
|1 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
- Finely chop the red onion. Place into a bowl along with lamb mince, egg, herbs, zest and seasonings. Mix well and shape into 4 patties. Place in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Cut buns in half and lightly toast under a heated grill. Set aside. Slice tomato and drain canned beetroot.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat with half the oil and fry eggs to your liking. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Reheat frying pan with remaining oil. Add lamb patties and cook for 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Assemble the burger: Place lamb patty on bottom half of bun then layer with fried egg, slice of tomato, beetroot slices, cos lettuce leaf, aioli, tomato sauce and top half of bun.