Mediterranean lamb rack with salsa
This dish uses amazing New Zealand lamb, cooked to perfection with some punchy flavours, destined to impress. My Recipe is for two servings.
- Pre Heat the oven to 180 fan bake.
- I like to trim most of the fat layer off the top of the rack, leave a little bit for flavour, lightly oil with olive oil and season. Once done leave the rack sitting at room temperature while you prepare everything else.
- Make the Salsa now but chopping all the ingredients (olives, sun dried tomato, parsley, capsicum and feta) and mixing in a bowl, add the feta last so you don't over mix it. Leave in the fridge till everything else is ready.
- Prep the asparagus by snapping off the tough ends. I use frozen broad beans which need shelling, so I soak them in a little warm water till I can remove the shells. Set both aside and put a pot big enough for the asparagus on a medium to high heat.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato place in cold water and get boiling. This should take around 15 minutes to cook.
- Add the lamb to the oven, it should take between 15 - 20 minutes to cook, test the lamb by squeezing the flesh at around 15 minutes , I like mine pink in the middle, so around 15 minutes is good for me.
- While the lamb is cooking, strain the sweet potato, season and mash. Take the lamb out of the oven to rest for about 10 minutes under some loose foil. In this time, heat your plates and boil your asparagus and broad beans, will only take 3 -4 minutes. Plate up, mash, asparagus, lamb, broad beans sprinkled around and salsa on top.