Best ever beef burger
( MAKES 8 )
This is a a delicious but healthy take on a Kiwi classic!
- Pop frying pan on medium heat. Or crank up the BBQ!
- Place beef in a large mixing bowl. Finely grate onion into bowl. Add sweet chilli sauce, egg and chopped parsley. Season to taste. Mix till well combined.
- Once thoroughly mixed, divide beef mixture into 8 similar sized portioned balls and flatten between palms.
- Once pan is hot, spray with light oil and gently place patties into pan or hot plate. You may need to do two batches as you don't want to overcrowd the beef. Beef should be cooked 4 minutes on each side or to order.
- While beef is cooking, combine yoghurt, mustard and lemon. Then season to taste.
- Wash and finely chop lettuce. Slice gherkins in half. Slice fresh rolls in half.
- Once beef is cooked - put together your amazing burger. Put yoghurt dressing on the bottom half of the bun, top with patty, gherkin and fresh cos. You may want to add another dollop of Mayo on top. This is a fun meal for the family or guests to put together - so you can also lay all the ingredients out for people to help themselves.
- For special occasions you can throw some homemade wedges on the side.