Pumpkin spiced cookies with chai glaze
( MAKES 3 dozen )
This recipe is easy and delicious. wonderful flavors of spiced pumpkin along with chai.
|1 cup||White sugar|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|1½ tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1 can||Pumpkin puree|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|¼ tsp||Ground cardamom|
|1 tsp||Pumpkin pie spice|
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Chai tea, strongly brewed|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, pumpkin puree, and egg until smooth
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir into sweet potato mixture until well blended and moist
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart; bake 9-12 minutes until cooked. let cool for about 2 minutes and then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the glaze, mix powdered sugar, chai tea, butter, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Add more chai if needed for desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies