Pan seared venison and cherry sauce with roast kumara and yam salad
This is one of those recipes put together by what I had in the pantry that turned out being an absolute winner!
|1 Tbsp||Cherry jam|
|1 handful||Dried cherries|
|2 small||Dried chillies|
|¼ cup||Orange juice|
|¼ cup||Red wine|
Roast Kumara and Yam Salad
- Place all the sauce ingredients into a small pot and bring to the boil. reduced to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until the sauce reduced and thickened. It will go beautifully glossy and syrupy. Remove cinnamon stick, bay leaves and chillies before serving.
- Peel and chop kumara and yams. Par-boil for 10 minutes. Drain and toss in oil. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and put into a 200C preheated oven. Cook until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Grate the carrot and thinly slice the red capsicum. Toss with the salad greens and place onto plates. Top with the roasted vegetables.
- Bring the venison to room temperature. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron pan over a high heat. Cook the venison for 4 minutes each side. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the venison into slices and place on top or the salad. Pour over the cherry sauce. Enjoy!