Ginger and mushroom lamb strips
The combination of mushrooms and garlicky lamb infused with ginger is irresistible. Quick to prepare, make the dish ahead then pop in oven 90 minutes before serving.
- Soak dried mushrooms overnight or at least 1 hour ahead in water. They will swell up so use a medium bowl.
- Cut meat into cubes if possible, and put in a casserole dish, then toss with rice flour.
- Peel ginger and garlic and cut into 50 mm slices then add to casserole dish. Add sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Tip mushrooms and soak water into meat dish (or if using fresh mushrooms, slice if very large and add with the 2 cups of water). Mix all ingredients together, put on lid or cover with foil and leave to marinate in fridge until end of the day.
- Cook covered in 350 deg oven for approximately 1.5 hours. Take lid off near end if too much liquid. When cooked, add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with chopped spring onions before serving.
- Goes well with rice and lightly steamed bok choy.