Steak, beetroot and potato salad with horseradish cream
This is one of my all time favourite salads! Amazing combinations of rare beef, crispy potatoes, earthy beetroot and a hot creamy sauce. This serves enough for me but when serving more I just multiply the recipe and works out great!
- Place all the ingredients for horseradish cream in a bowl and mix well. Taste and season with salt and pepper then store in the fridge.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Blanch your thin wedges of beetroot for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside. Add the potatoes to the same pot and cook for 8 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- Brush steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a pan over high heat and cook the steak for about 4 minutes on each side. Once cooked remove steak from heat, tent cover with foil and leave to rest. Reheat the pan.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Add potatoes to the pan and cook them for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- To serve, arrange the salad greens, beetroot, and potatoes on a plate. Thinly slice the steak and drape these slices over the top of your salad and then drizzle with the horseradish cream.