Tamarillo treat lamb cutlets
( SERVES 6 )
It combines the flavour of sweet tamarillo with lamb, and can be varied in cooking time to suit diners' taste preferences. Best of all it is almost idiotproof and produces melt-in-your-mouth delicious meat every time.
- Put the liquids into a casserole dish with a lid.
- Dissolve the sugar and salt. Add the pepper, ginger and tamarillo and mix.
- Remove excess fat from the chops, dip both sides in the liquid, then arrange them in a single layer (if possible) in the casserole dish.
- Cover and cook in an oven at 175 deg C for 45 mins, then turn down to 160 deg. for a further 45 minutes. Baste the chops occasionally adding water if necessary to ensure sufficient liquid.
- If you like chops well done and the sugars caramelised then leave the temperature high. Whatever liquid is left at the end of cooking is fantastic to pour over potato or kumera.