Durban (South Africa) style lamb curry
My recipe is special because it is traditional to the Indians in South Africa but not all over the world. It has its own distinct flavor, essential ingredients and a smell that is to die for and one that somehow is loved by each and every person who lives in SA or comes to SA for a visit.
- Heat Oil in a pot - on high
- Add Chopped Onions
- Add in all the spices and Ginger Garlic Paste as well as Curry Leaves
- Leave to heat up well and till onions are clear.
- Add Chopped Tomatoe
- Let cook a bit more. Then add the chopped pieces of the Lamb along with the bone pieces.
- Leave to simmer a bit on medium to high heat.Mixing occasionally.
- Add frozen peas and Potato (Peeled and Quartered)
- Then add some boiling water to just cover potatoes and leave to cook on a low heat.
- Check occasionally and if the potatoes need more time but liquid has evaporated, add a bit more water and leave till the water/gravy starts to thicken and the potatoes are fully cooked through.
- Voila!! The curry is now ready to serve, with your choice of Plain Rice/Naan