Marinated raw fish
This is a Mexican raw fish recipe and makes for a flavorful hearty lunch. Spanish mackerel is easy to cook with lemon and is delicious too.
- Dice the fish and place it in a bowl, pour over the lemon juice, mix, cover and let it "cook" for four hours in the fridge. Stir from time to time to ensure that the juice is properly absorbed. Discard any juice that wasn't absorbed during this time. Season with salt.
- Chop the pickled chilies and leave in their own vinegar (3 teaspoons of the pickling liquor). Add the ground pepper, white vinegar, oregano and the oil. Mix.
- Finely chop fresh cilantro, tomatoes and onion. Combine in a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the vinegar dressing over the fish and add the cilantro mix. Combine well. Refrigerate and allow to chill for half an hour before serving.
- To serve: Spread 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise onto each tostada. Add an even layer of marinated fish onto each tostada and top with thinly sliced avocado. Garnish with lemon slices. Enjoy.