Luxe flourless chocolate prune torte
( SERVES 8 )
My husband describes it as 'the cake that makes you happy whilst giving you the sh*ts!' It's adapted from a recipe I found amongst my late grandma's collection.
- Grease and line cake tin
- Melt chopped chocolate and butter over low heat, then let cool
- Separate eggs
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until light.
- To the beaten egg yolks, add chocolate mixture, ground almonds and finely chopped prunes. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks.
- Gently fold chocolate mixture in to egg whites. Then pour mixture into cake tin.
- Cook at 160 degrees for around 50 minutes. A skewer will come out clean once cooked.
- Whilst cake is cooling, combine remaining chocolate and cream over low heat until smooth and glossy to make ganache.
- Spread ganache all over the cake and allow to set.
- Enjoy... knowing that because of the prunes, this cake is actually good for you!