Mild curry chicken thighs
Because it is SUPER easy, but the flavors are really tasty. It is equally brilliant as a family meal, but I have often done it as the main for a dinner party. I have never had a fail, and the ingredients are very interchangeable with what you have in the fridge.
- Mix curry paste (you can use your favourite paste - I use Pateks, and you can use any flavour), with the yoghurt or sour cream. Dip each chicken thigh into the mixture so that it is generously coated. Marinate for about 4 hours, or overnight. If you are short of time, you can cook the thighs after coating, but they taste more flavoursome when they are marinated.
- I find it useful to put the mixture and chicken into a glad bag, as it allows the mixture to coat well over the chicken.
- Heat the BBQ until very hot. Heat your oven at 180 degrees. Cook each chicken thigh for 2 - 3 minutes until browned. Save the left over curry mix. Take the chicken off the BBQ, and place in a baking dish coated with baking paper.
- Mix the leftover curry mix with gravy powder until thickened. Cover the chicken with the curry mix, and bake for 40 minutes or until tender. For an alternative you can add red wine to the curry mix before adding to the chicken. Serve on a bed of rice with vegetables.
- If you have no plain yogurt, I have made this recipe with success also with a fruit yogurt.