Lamb and potato tray bake
I love one pan meals and this one is absolutely delicious. The combination of olives, lemons and rosemary with lamb is incredible! This recipe also includes capers. I love these little green morsels that bring such a distinctive flavour to a dish. I found this recipe in a magazine and adapted it to suit my tastes.
- Juice and zest half the lemon. Pick leaves from one sprig of rosemary and chop. Whisk the lemon zest and juice with 1 tbsp olive oil, chopped rosemary and some salt and pepper for seasoning. Add the lamb chops and toss to coat then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes. Heat the oven to 220C
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Toss the potatoes in the remaining olive oil, season lightly then tip into a shallow roasting dish. Sit the lamb chops on top then put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Deseed and thickly slice capsicum. Cut tomatoes in half. Cut remaining half of lemon in slices. Remove the dish from the oven, loosen any potatoes that are sticking the add the capsicum, lemon slices, rosemary sprig and tomatoes. Mix well making sure the chops stay on the top. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Add the olives and capers and make sure they are evenly distributed. Turn the chops over and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chops are cooked to your liking.
- Serve with a side of sliced and steamed green beans.