( SERVES 4 )
This is a very special, but very easy, summer fruit recipe. Light and tasty, and so pretty when served in tall glasses so that you can see the soft pastel colour. As a bonus, it makes a delicious ice cream when frozen.
- Sprinkle gelatine over the Triple Sec and set aside to soften.
- Meanwhile, reserve 2 large strawberries for garnishing and pulp the remainder together with the icing sugar. Add the softened gelatine to the crushed strawberries.
- Beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Beat the yoghurt till fluffy and almost double in volume, then mix in the strawberry mixture.
- Fold in the egg whites gently and pour into pretty glasses. Top each glass with half a strawberry and refrigerate. Or you can make it into ice cream by simply freezing in a suitable container.
- Makes approximately 800mls