Sultry dark chocolate cake with ganache
This recipies is a old one of my grandma's and is very simple. It is moist, a dark brown color and utterly delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celcius. Grease a round pan about 23x30x5.
- In a food processor, blend the sugar, flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar and milk.
- In another bowl, dissolve the instant coffee in the cold water.
- Mix together the milk and coffee mixture, along with the eggs, vanilla essence and melted butter.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture in the processor, and pulse to combine.
- Pour into pan and bake for 42-45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack.
- Put the chocolate and cream into a saucepan and heat until the chocolate melts and there is no lumps. Spread it over the cooled cake ~ Yum! Enjoy.